Common Errors in Email
“An explanation and exploration of the most common grammatical errors in English from Hong Kong writers.”
This workshop focuses on the problems Hong Kong business writers commonly have with email writing. There are explanations and reasons why these errors are made, as well as techniques to self-correct the mistakes.
The workshop is suitable for all levels of staff, as many aspects of English writing and grammatical uses are covered throughout. Even advanced English writers will benefit from understanding the complexities of writing – and practicing these techniques.
This workshop is designed to ensure that participants can:
• Understand how to use different tenses
• Understand the proper use of prepositions, articles and plural-form words
• Reduce sentence length for clarity and conciseness
• Use linking words and connectives to make writing more coherent
• Explore ‘chinglish’ and understand more about why Hong Kong writers make common errors
• Update and improve vocabulary use
Call Tom Crawford on 2893 6124 to book a no-obligation 15-minute Needs Analysis meeting. A tailored proposal and training plan will be created and sent within 3 days (following the meeting).
Leave a Comment